Monday, September 5, 2011

Wool Clasica Design Contest

Not very long ago, in a thread somewhere on Ravelry, I learned of a knitting design contest being held by the yarn company Manos del Uruguay.  Their Wool Clasica Design Contest sounded simple enough...design and create a project using 1-2 skeins of Wool Clasica, and create a project page on Ravelry with a tag "clasica-design-contest."  The winners in each category, Hats, Neckware, Handwear, Men's, Kids' and People's Choice, will have their pattern published and win 5 skeins of Wool Clasica.  One grand prize winner will receive 10 skeins.

An LYS where I teach, Gosh Yarn IT!, carried a limited number hand-dyed colors.  I selected a skein of color #119, which was hand-dyed, the tag says, by Rosa from Fraile.  I learned that Manos is a non-profit organization working in Uruguay to bring economic and social opportunities to rural women.  I love that!  And it really is great yarn, too!

I designed a hat.  Hats are quick and fun to knit.  My hat is named #77 Dream Hat.  It is fun to knit because it is mostly all charts, including the decrease rows!  It is fun to wear because of the pom-pom, earflaps and tassels!  These two college girls had fun, on this cloudy day, taking photos of each other wearing it!

 



Also on this cloudy day, I created my project page for the contest.  This is, in fact, the last day to enter.


If you read this and you like the hat, please consider voting for me (with a click on "love") in the  "Peoples Choice Voting Thread."  Voting will end at 5PM EST on September 9.  Winners will be announced on September 12.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the hat and I voted for it. You should consider publishing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely design Carolyn! You have my vote!

    ReplyDelete