Sunday, June 26, 2011

This Brings Me Around to My First Socks

It does seem hard to believe, but I did not knit my first pair of socks until 2007.  (I do remember knitting slippers and Christmas stockings, but not real socks.)  I have always mostly knit sweaters.  I like sweaters.


These are my first socks.  I made them using the first pattern, 'Start Here: Simple Sock in Three Sizes', in Cat Bordhi's SOCKS SOAR ON TWO CIRCULAR NEEDLES book.  If you read my last post, you know who recommended that pattern.  You also know who loaned me the book and two 24" US 1 (2.5mm) Addi Turbo circular needles.  And, perhaps it would be no surprise to you, that I made my first pair of socks for my mom.

They were fun to knit.  I made more.  For a while I numbered my socks as I entered them on my Ravelry project page.  My fifth pair, made in 2008, were also for my mom.


2 comments:

  1. I still have my first pair of socks too. I don't wear them as often as others ... want to hold on to them as long as possible. Something special about the first pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - my first pair of socks were my first real knitting project, using Ann Budd's sock book (recommended by Retired Knitter). Unfortunately they ended up being way to big (learned my lesson on gauge very quickly!) I ended up giving them away but have enjoyed the pairs I have made since then. Really don't like wearing any other socks besides hand knit. My next pair will be your toe up pattern Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete