Saturday, June 8, 2013

Reds


Would you put these two reds together?
I plan to.

The colors are Crimson Red (left) and Garnet Red (right).

Two of the skeins are Reynolds Lite Lopi (which has been discontinued), and the other two are Ístex Létt-Lopi.  The Lite Lopi (one of each color) was leftover from this Fair Isle Zipper Sweater I made for my daughter more than three years ago.



I actually had a whole skein of each of these two colors left.  Though I do not think that I would ever have thought to put them together (just the two of them) I kind of like the total redness of the pair.  This fact came to me when I pulled them out for my Taiga #1 and #2.  (See them in my recent posts here and here.)  I used the crimson for my temporary crochet on Taiga #1 and the garnet for my actual crochet on Taiga #2.  My appreciation of their paired redness lead to my ordering another skein of each color from Webs.  They are all different dye lots, and in the case of the crimson, they are even two different color numbers.

I don't think that will matter.

I plan to make a simple vest, bottom up, using each skein of the garnet followed by each skein of the crimson.  I enjoy planning projects like this even when I do not know when I will get to them.  (It will not be any time soon.)

I am happy to have this redness to look forward to.
I love the honest purity and light woolen goodness of Lite Lopi.

These colors have really grown on me.


"If one says 'red' - the name of color - and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there will be fifty reds in their minds. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different."   ~ Josef Albers

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you will post on your final project - I think that the shades are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous quest there. What happened after? Thanks!


    Also visit my web page ... Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what these colors do together in your vest!

    ReplyDelete