Thursday, July 12, 2012

Myrtle Beach, SC

Here are some highlights from last week's vacation to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  To be more precise, we were at Surfside Beach, just south of Myrtle Beach on the Grand Strand.  I was right about here, just about every day last week.


We stayed with friends, the owners of this lovely home, just a short golf cart ride from the beach.


We have other friends who we visited in a 12th floor condo in the building that is in my first photo.  They have this view from above:


It is perfectly legal for folks in SC to shoot fireworks on the beach on the 4th of July.  We watched from the condo.  It is hard to explain just how many there were.  I took photos.


Another highlight was the Segway Tour at Huntington Beach State Park.  I had never before heard of the sculptor Anna Hyatt Huntington or her husband Archer Milton Huntington.  I shot this photo of Atalaya Castle which was their winter home.


Here is a photo of our Segways parked outside of Atalaya.  They were so much fun to ride and a lot easier than I expected.


For our lunch that day, we were very near "Goat Island".  The goats are now placed on this island in the Intracoastal Waterway every year for the warmer months.  I am told that they winter elsewhere.


On Thursday we went to dinner at a great Italian restaurant at The Market Common.  After dinner we walked by this Barnes and Noble.

It was closed for the night, but I had a peek inside.


Knitscene Accessories 2012
was in there on the top shelf.


I did a fair amount of knitting, especially during the 12 hour car rides between PA and SC.  Some friends we visited did express an interest in my published patterns, which I did appreciate.  This was my first time ever in the state of South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment