Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Sweetest Things

From time to time, a very rewarding thing has happened...

I designed my Love & Prayers Scarf pattern in memory my mother.  This pattern won first place in a design contest (for a women's heart health inspired charity scarf) held by Knitcircus magazine in 2011.

Just one year ago, tracienix on Ravelry posted finished photos of her own "Love and Prayers Scarf for Newton".


Tracie's project notes:  "Scarf for Hugs for Newtown. I modified the pattern so that the edging (angels wing) was green and hearts were white- the colors of Sandy Hook Elementary School."

I was touched and very proud to have had a small part in the creation of this lovely and thoughtfully stitched charity scarf.

Not long after I won the scarf contest, I won a very informal (Ravelry voted) contest for a one skein project made with Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica.  My winning entry was the #77 Dream Hat.  Just a couple of months ago, this adorable photo appeared on a project page linked to my design.


This is colourknits' "Rose Dreams".  Crystal left no project notes, but this image could not be cuter.  (Check out Crystal's very pretty blog.)

Did you ever go to a designer's page on Ravelry?  Mine is here.  Did you ever notice that there is a "user activity" tab on the top of each designer page?  You can click that tab to see new comments, favorite-ing, and the addition of new project photos.  I am guessing that a lot of long time designers probably never take the time to check out their own user activity.  But I do.  I must admit I go there almost daily... and sometimes I find the sweetest things...

Thanks for allowing me to share your photos, Tracie and Crystal!

3 comments:

  1. I love the hat, and you are correct the pic is so cute!

    It must be fun to look at the Raverly page and see the yarns and colours that other people use to interpret your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are lovely and such a nice gesture for Sandy Hook, the girl is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely honor, for your Love and Prayers Shawl to be knit in memory of those lost at Newtown.

    A darling photo of your #77 Dream Hat.

    How nice to be recognized for both creations in such uplifting manner.

    ReplyDelete